Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Prayer update

We’re finally concluding the process of moving into our apartment. The apartment is starting to feel like home again. Just an aside, we’ve been without water – hot or cold! – since about 10:30 this morning. I hope that by the time you read this water has been restored. Anyway, it’s good to be back in Mongolia.

Our ministry here is another story altogether. When we left fourteen months ago, I felt as if I was beginning to get some momentum going. I had some new acquaintances that were interested in the Bible and some new Christians and all that. People with whom I had worked for some time such as Bob were finally beginning to open up to me. My desire was for James to “keep this ball rolling” so to speak. When I returned in January, the momentum seemed to be ebbing though it was still there.

Now, in August, it seems to be gone. Folks that used to be eager to visit with us now seem distant and cold. There’s just something about being gone for thirteen months that seems to cool relationships. Certainly, we can “get the ball rolling again.” But it will take time.

So pray that God will lead us to the right people, that people would open their hearts up to us, and that the Holy Spirit would convict Mongolians of sin, righteousness, and judgment.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.