Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ministry since returning to Mongolia

I returned to Mongolia to find that only Ganpurev's family had been faithful to continue to come to the meetings on Sundays. Since no one else was coming, I made the decision to continue to meet with Ganpurev’s family on Sunday: last week, we met in my home, this week in his. Next week I have already begun to invite people out to a meeting on Sunday. Also, I have plans to visit unsaved, unchurched families in the coming weeks to begin home Bible studies with them. Several families have expressed an interest in seeing me again though not necessarily to study the Bible with me. Here are some specific prayer requests.

Please pray for Bilgee. We are planning to visit his older brother Ganbold to preach the Gospel to him and his family. Two of his children are already grown and married. They live in the same fenced area with their father. Pray for Ganbol's family to be receptive to the Gospel.

Please pray for Moogii and his family. I intend to visit them this week. In the past Moogii has been uninterested in the Bible though not antagonistic. His wife is expecting a baby, and that provides an opportunity for me to stop by and congratulate them. I have already mentioned to Moogii since my return that I would like to teach his family the Bible.

Please pray for Mendee (two e’s at the end of a Mongolian name are pronounced ‘ay’ as in day). I mentioned my desire to study the Bible in their home when I was with Mendee in February. I have not met him since I have returned but heard through Ganpurev that he is looking forward to seeing me. He lives on the far side of town.

Enkhee also lives on the far side of town. He works seven days a week sometimes until midnight. He wanted to come to Ganpurev’s house Sunday when we met to study the Bible but could not because of work. Pray that he would have the time and desire to study God’s word. I believe he is saved but is putting his job before our God. That is easier to do when you are living hand to mouth.

Daimkaa called me on Sunday and talked to me for a while. I need to get by and see him. I have been praying for him the year that I was in the States. He thinks his greatest need is money (and that I can get him to the U.S. to work), but I know his greatest need is Jesus Christ. Please pray that he would realize that his greatest need is a right relationship with his Creator God!

I met with Bob this last week. He seems very cold to truth. He continues to believe that there is some secret meaning or code in the Bible that he needs to de-code before he can understand it. I tell him to take it literally. Please pray that the Spirit would take the veil from his eyes and show him his need for Jesus Christ.

Buren’s job has kept him busy. I’ve met with him twice, once briefly. Please continue to pray for his salvation.

Please do not hesitate to write to me. I would love to hear from you. Also, if you’ve taken time to read this blog entry and will pray for some or all of these men and their families, please send me an e-mail at jdean@baptistworldmission.org.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.