Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Haven't left the United States yet

I am excited about this trip to Mongolia. However, for the first time ever my excitement is more for someone else than for myself. Since 1997, I have made this trip many times. My trip in 1997 when Kristie and I visited the country and in 2001 when I took my family to Mongolia are my most memorable trips. This one will rank right up there.

This time I will be delivering my son Caleb to Mongolia and leaving him there for seven months. It is an ambitious undertaking for an 18 year old man. Caleb in close consultation with me made this decision some years ago and has been laser focused on returning to Mongolia since then. He has been saving money and teaching himself Mongolian in anticipation for his trip.

Last Tuesday, we went to the Mongolian Consulate in San Francisco to pick up his visa. Now I find myself writing to you from the San Francisco International airport. So our trip begins. I’ll be posting this email and future updates at mongolia-ministry.blogspot.com. I will also be posting pictures to my Instagram account at @mongoldean and my Twitter is also @MongolDean.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.