Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sunday update

Sunday is coming to a close in Mongolia. Thank you for praying for my trip.

I preached in English and Mongolian this morning. After a Mongolian meal, I led an adult Bible study in Mongolian. Speaking in Mongolian for prolonged periods of time as when one preaches is a chore. But God gave me grace. After the message a Mongolian lady who has been saved since our departure remarked that my messages were interesting.

I have already begun to work on the book of Ruth in Mongolian. It has already been translated into Mongolian; I am checking the translation for accuracy.

Please pray for Ganpurev and his family. I need to have a heart to heart talk with Ganpurev. Sometimes people just need to be prodded in the right direction, encouraged to know that their work matters, and given a fresh vision for what God has for them.

Jason Ritchie and his family have been sick, and then the church meeting place flooded. There has been a significant amount of rain here but not so much that the building would flood. It is probably a good thing that he did not need to preach today. This week I will lead two more Bible studies, meet with the translation team, visit and encourage Mongolian Christians, and converse with some new missionaries. Keep praying for me.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.