Elsie and I had a wonderful Sunday with friends. It is encouraging to be with people that you have worked with, to see them grow in the Lord, and to watch them serve the Lord with gladness.
The English service meets at 9 AM. Jason Ritchie who normally preaches at the English service asked me to preach which I gladly did. My jet lag was not too bad in the morning. I enjoyed re-establishing old acquaintances and meeting some new ones.
Afterwards, I preached in the Mongolian service. My Mongolian was a little rusty. Several times I started laughing at myself because I knew I was not pronouncing a word correctly but could not get my tongue to frame the word correctly.
But what was most gratifying was to observe the Mongolians serving. Ganpurev did the Scripture reading and made some pertinent comments about the passage that he read. Then I took his preaching session and preached from John 7:37-39. After that, Baysaa led the music with his wife Ganchimeg accompanying him on the piano. We sang a variety of songs, and all were well-done.
While Baysaa preached the second sermon, Ganchimeg taught the children's lesson. I was so proud of them for taking the various parts of the service.
Baysaa had recently accompanied some other people to Khonkh, a town not far from the Russian border. While there Baysaa was the primary preacher for the week that they spent there. His fellow laborers mentioned that he did a good job preaching. They even had one person there make a profession of faith in Christ.
This afternoon, Elsie and I visited Baysaa's house. He shared with us that his wife Ganchimeg had led her sister-in-law to the Lord. It was exciting to see people we had led to Jesus the Savior leading others to that same Savior!
This week I will be working diligently to encourage people and spur even more efforts for our Lord. There are also several people who are looking to me to assist in making some decisions. Please pray for God to bless our week here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment