Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A strange situation

Later today I intend to post some prayer requests for those of you who are praying for me, for the Mongolians to whom I ministered in Mongolia, and for Faith Baptist Church of Ulaanbaatar. But I wanted to share quickly a strange thing that I saw in Mongolia.

As I was walking along a street early in my visit, I saw a man riding a bike. Now, I saw more bikes on this visit to Mongolian than I ever remember seeing before, so I was not surprised at that. This man riding the bike was obviously talking on his cell phone. I wasn't surprised at that either. What surprised me is that he had both hands on his bike's handlebars and was holding the phone between his ear and his shoulder as some people do when they are talking on the phone in the office and need both hands free to get a pen and paper.

He was doing this while riding down the middle of a busy street with cars passing him on both sides. If he suddenly had to swerve to avoid a pothole or car or if he were to hit a pothole, he would have seen his phone go flying to the blacktop. But he didn't seem bothered by any of that. He calmly was riding his bike down the middle of the street, trapping his phone between the side of his head and his shoulder, talking as if he were in his own home.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.