Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Deans' weekly update
We had a good day on Sunday. After some months of low attendance, there were 54 people out on Sunday morning. Seventeen of those were Americans; still, that meant we had 34 Mongolians in attendance. So many of these Mongolians only come when it is convenient, when there is nothing else to do. I long for them to understand that the Christian life is a daily relationship and a life-long commitment to a God Who loves us.
In the evening, the crowd was slightly smaller but included three first-time visitors. We had our yearly visitor from Taiwan, Gregory Hincklen, who brought two Mongolians who had been exchange students at his university in Taiwan. He has such a burden for souls that he comes to Mongolia each year to try to integrate his Mongolian exchange students into a good church in their own country.
This is our last day with a vehicle. I have been driving other missionaries’ vehicles during their time in the United States. But today the last of them returns to Mongolia. After I return their vehicle, I will be without one until we leave. It is summer, the roads have been clogged with traffic anyway. I don’t anticipate needing a vehicle as much as we do during the winter, and I believe we can borrow a vehicle when necessary. Still, it will feel funny not having a car in the garage.
Please pray for Kristie. She has been unwell again. The Lord knew that she would be unwell and planned in His wisdom and sovereignty for the shipment of our items back to the United States to be delayed. I have been just as busy as always with church and work responsibilities so it has also been hard for me to give my attention to the logistics of moving. Please pray that Kristie would feel better, regain her strength, and be able to direct our packing.
This week is the Mongolians big, summer holiday: Naadam. During Naadam, Mongolians participate in the three manly sports: horse-racing, archery, and wrestling. Because the Mongolians will be busy with other pursuits, I should have an opportunity to focus on our preparations to return to Oregon.
Our schedule is something like this: Naadam this week, church camp next week (the Mongolians are organizing), the Baptist World Mission Field Director for Asia’s visit the following week, and then less than a week later our departure. As you can see we’ve packed many events, too many events, perhaps into this last month. Pray for Kristie’s health, for all of us to have energy, and for a smooth transition for the church and my family.
We are always grateful to think that you pray for us. Without God’s help, we are hopeless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment