Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Deans' weekly update
Let me give you an update on the family this week. Last week I asked you to pray for Kristie. I’m glad to report that she is feeling somewhat better. However, her root canal that she had done in January needs to be re-done. She has an appointment Thursday to start that work.
Caleb was also sick much of last week: a nasty cold and occasional fever. Kristie and he were trying to get his schoolwork done this month. He continued to make progress on his schoolwork as he was able, but I think he has been delayed.
Charissa and Emily have been working hard to finish their school year. I think both of them have completed several subjects already. All the children are looking ahead to summer.
We had two visitors from Inner Mongolia at our service on Sunday. Afterward, they asked to meet with me. They wanted to tell me that they realized that Turks, Mongols, Maygars, Koreans, and Japanese are the descendants of Jacob’s son Benjamin. The conversation ranged from the Mongolian spot to ovoos to the shape of gers. It was an interesting conversation if not a particularly profitable one. It was also a reminder of the susceptibility of young believers to be blown about by every wind of doctrine. Please pray for Faith Baptist Church to be strengthened in faith and stable in doctrine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment