Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Deans' weekly update

There are many pressures on me this week. That's not a complaint; it's a statement of fact and a request for you to pray for me as I make decisions and lead people. Here are some specific requests.

Enkhtuul had a court date Monday because her husband is seeking a legal divorce. To encourage Enkhtuul, I asked another lady from the church to attend the court case with her and sent them both with some verses of encouragement. The verses I sent seemed especially sweet to both of them. Strangely, it was a part of the verse that I did not intend for them to notice.

The verse was from Psalm 146: "The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down." I wanted her to focus on God's preservation. It seems though that her husband was delayed in traffic and called the court to ask for a delay of the proceedings. We also expected the judge to summarily grant the divorce; however, the court delayed their decision for another ten days. Finally, a friend of Enkhtuul's talked her husband into paying for her past six month's rent. So the two ladies saw all these set-backs for Enkhtuul's husband as a fulfillment of the second half of the verse, "The way of the wicked he turneth upside down." Keep praying for reconciliation!

Our residency permission is up for renewal this month. I keep hearing stories of others who are struggling to reside in Mongolia. We hope that God will cause our residency permission to be renewed without extra work. I already have a blessing to share with you in that regard. As part of the process, I have to have my status at the Foreign Investment and Foreign Trade Agency (FIFTA) renewed. (This is before I renew my company documents so that I can renew my residency permission). I have a competent lady who is helping me with this process. Today she took my card into FIFTA. They told her that there would be two fees. Then they took a look at my card.

"Oh, that's 'Scott,'" the man said, "I know him so I'll waive the second fee."

How is that for an encouraging start to the renewal process? The entire process will take about two weeks, and there are still numerous obstacles to hurdle. Please pray for more treatment like today's at the FIFTA office.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.