Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Deans' weekly update

Some weeks just seem to have more things that "happen" than others. God has been teaching me that He is in charge, He has a plan, and His plan is always best.

I begin by asking you to pray for Ganpurev, Ulzee, Aya, and the rest of the family. Aya is slowly losing her strength. Ganpurev and his family have been such a good support to her. I pray that God will bless them with grace and peace for the days ahead. I recall last summer that I doubted whether she would make it a month. And yet, she still holds on.

My family's problems do not seem like anything at all when compared to Aya's poor health. However, last week flu symptoms ripped through our family and laid many of us low. It started with Charissa and then began to afflict the rest of the family. Charissa, Emily, and Kristie were all down last week. Kristie is still not feeling well at the start of this new week. Of course, when mom is sick, it seems to slow the whole family down. And yet, despite being slowed by personal sickness and the sickness of my family, the peace of God ruled in my heart. I do not recall feeling anxious or hurried or harried. Isn't our God good?

I visited Togsoo and Gantoya in their new home this past week and rejoiced when I heard that they want to re-start their home Bible studies. Togsoo lost his mother and an older brother in a few short months. He has not been reading his Bible; has not been coming to church; has not been his normal, exuberant self. I also had a chance to visit Dashka's mother and introduce her to the person of salvation: Jesus Christ. Please pray for the seed that was planted to grow into saving faith.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.