Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Deans' weekly update

Last week I mentioned to you my plan to teach Mongolians how to use a evangelistic booklet as a tool to teach about the Christian faith to their family and friends. I have been burdened for some time to write an evangelism tool that Mongolian Christians can carry with them. The tool should be easy to use but thorough in its presentation of the Good News that Jesus is the Savior of the world.

I had some ideas from a missionary to Cambodia who ministers to people who have some of the some cultural obstacles to the Gospel that Mongolians have. For example, to Buddhists, sin is not considered to be a problem; suffering is the problem. Many tracts from the United States discuss sin as a bad thing. The Buddhist mind does not comprehend that and wonders why the religious material leaves out the important information. Last year I taught a class on the doctrine of salvation to several men in the church. This evangelism tool incorporates some of those ideas as well.

It will be a booklet with pictures and some major points. I have already begun on Sundays to teach the Mongolians how to use this tract. They will need to give an oral presentation of the Gospel but can leave the booklet with their Mongolian family member or friend after they leave. I am eager to see Mongolians leading other Mongolians to the Savior.

Dashka and I are planning to go to visit his mother this week. Part of our plan is to take some of this Gospel material when we go and use it to witness to his mother who is a Buddhist. Please pray for us as we go. Some of you know how difficult it is to witness to family. In addition, witnessing to a person who is older than me takes tact and patience, both of which are often in short supply when I am speaking the Mongolian language.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.