Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekly update


It’s time again to write a weekly update to all those of you who pray for us. We had twenty-five Mongolians out this past Sunday; a far cry from the nine we had the week before. Strangely, of the nine people who were there the previous week only one family attended this last week. I am serious when I ask you to pray for me not to become cynical.

Most families at Christmas time have some decorations in their home. This Christmas, you most likely will receive a gift. Almost all of us will give a gift to someone else. But this Christmas, I want to challenge you to do something in addition to all those other things you will do: take some time on Christmas Day to give the greatest and most difficult gift of all.

Paul begs the Christians of Rome to give to God their own bodies as a living sacrifice to God, to determine God’s will, and to do it. Most of us have already done that at some point in our lives. But I echo the words of a famous missionary when I say that any gift which is given for a lifetime cannot be given in a moment. There must be a daily re-dedication to God’s will and God’s way in our lives. As we contemplate the infinitely valuable gift that God has given us on this day, may we determine to give (again) the best thing we can give to God.

“They which live should not … live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.”

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.