It's late, almost midnight. It is crazy that I am still awake because it has been such a long day. But some Sunday nights I cannot sleep. You might pray that I would sleep well.
We had a great meal at the church today after the service. The ladies came over to our house to make buuz (pronounced "bow" as in bow and arrows with a "dz" at the end: "bowdz") and khuushuur (pronounced hoe•sure) on Saturday night. On Sunday each family brought a salad or dessert. It was a delicious shared meal and a reminder that Mongolians really enjoy fellowship with each other.
However, it was not all fellowship. After the meal I taught a class on living according to Bible principles. My plan is to have a fellowship meal on the last Sunday of each month and combine those meals with the extra teaching. The lesson today was well-received it seemed to me.
But the highlight of my day came in the evening. Earlier in the week I had arranged to pick up Bolormaa and her daughters for the service but did not expect her husband Tengis would come. I really wanted Tengis to come because I have had several opportunities to preach Christ to him: Jesus saves. Both times he seemed to miss the meaning of what I was saying. It is as if a veil is over his eyes (II Cor. 3:14).
However, when I arrived at their apartment this evening to pick them up, Tengis was there with his wife. Praise the Lord! Bill was led to preach a very straightforward message about the self-righteous Pharisee and the humble publican.
After the service, Tengis approached Bill and told him that he felt as if God were pulling him towards Himself. That comment led to a nearly hour long conversation. As we were driving home after that, Tengis and I talked about having a home Bible study so that he could learn more about God's word. His wife, who has told me in the past that she is Buddhist, also expressed an interest in joining us. I am very excited about this opportunity to lead another home Bible study.
Now if I can get some sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment