Monday, February 07, 2011

Deans' weekly update

We have just finished our Lunar New Year in Mongolia. We did not have as many visits this year as we have had in the past. We had a chance to meet some new people and talk about Jesus Christ with them. Pray for one man in particular that we met. Baysaa (pronounced Buy•saw') is the son of an acquaintance that we had the privilege of visiting. Because I am always on the lookout for men with initiative I noticed him immediately. He says that he is Buddhist; but God is interested in turning Buddhists from false idols to the true and living God. Please pray with me for more opportunities to witness to Baysaa. We told him that we would like his family to come to our house to visit.

Many of the Mongolian Christians are struggling. We have come to realize that many of them are stumbling because they do not realize that the Christian life is a race to be run daily. They make an effort to live for Christ for some weeks or even months. Then follows months of indecision and spiritual lethargy. I have decided to challenge each one personally during the month of February. I would like the Lord to bless me with wisdom, boldness, and authority as I "reprove, rebuke, and exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine". Pray also that God would give my hearers humility and enthusiasm to serve our Lord.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.