I had been up for some time, had finished my devotions, and was preparing to leave for work. Before I left, I choose to check my water meters since the water meter reader would be coming any day to ask for the readings. For some time as I finished my devotions and prepared to leave for work, I had heard water running, but I did not think much of it because we often hear the water running.

But minutes before I would leave Elsie pointed out to me that water had begun to run down from the corner of the kitchen. Soon we had water dripping from all over our kitchen and living
room. In some cases, the water dripped directly on the plants which meant that they would need no watering that day. But it was also "raining" on the piano, piano books, pictures, and stereo. Charissa and Elsie assisted and we began bring out pots to catch the water, move delicate items out of the way, and mop up the mess that had already been made.
I went up stairs to talk to the neighbors. Some pipes below the sink had become disconnected and flooded their entire kitchen and living room area before flowing down into our apartment. Wow!
They soon had the water stopped but not before some damage had been done to our apartment. I posted a picture of the most heavily water-damaged corner.


No comments:
Post a Comment