Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weekly update

One of the many joys of Christian service is watching young Christians grow to be mature Christians. It does not happen overnight; sometimes it seems as if our Christian brothers and sisters are going backward; but the work that God begins in each of His children will continue until the day that we see Christ.

Ganpurev mentioned as he talked to me this week that there have been times when he felt that he needed to be encouraged. He has noticed that at those times he has received encouragement from the Lord. I told him that I was happy to hear that because he needs to be encouraged for the church's sake. That is, the young, immature Christians of Faith Baptist Church are looking to him for encouragement and spiritual strength. He needs to find his strength in the Lord so that he can strengthen them. Please pray for Ganpurev's continuing growth.

Kristie and I leave for Israel next week. (I will be participating in two missions conferences before then.) Please pray for good health and strength. I see my trip to Israel as a chance to take many, many pictures to show to our Mongolians after I return. I have discovered when I am on a trip that I can either pay attention to the trip or pay attention to taking pictures. My trip to Israel will be my first experience as a photojournalist.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.