My preaching trip to Hatgal was an opportunity to see how the arrangements for church ministry would work in my absence. Based on my assessment of the effectiveness of various Mongolians during my absence, I planned to make some final decisions who does what during my furlough.
I am pleased to report that things ran quite smoothly in my absence.
There are several ministries that need to be covered whenever I am gone. One is the preaching on Sunday mornings, another is the singing, and a third is the day-to-day help and counseling that I give.
Because Ganpurev already preaches every Sunday, I was searching for a second person to cover my preaching opportunities in my absence. One Sunday was covered by Bilgay, the other Sunday was Bill preaching in English with Bilgay translating. Both did just fine, although Bilgay was peppered with aggressive questions after the end of his message. Ganpurev did quite well in addressing the questions. While the questions themselves were good questions, the manner and timing of the questions was unbiblical. I dealt with the member who asked the questions at an inappropriate time and in an inappropriate manner. However, it is a reminder that in my absence there could be interesting interruptions unless strong leadership and a biblical approach to Biblical study obviates them. I think Ganpurev is ready in this regard though I am not sure about Bilgay.
In my absence Dashka led the singing. Although his wife's spiritual and physical condition is dangerous (or perhaps because of it), spiritually Dashka has been growing rapidly during the past few months. It is exciting to see it. However, his wife's poor health limits his involvement at the present time and will limit it until his wife's health situation is resolved.
As for visiting, day-to-day help and counseling, and direction of the church's ministries, Bill and Ganpurev working together did an excellent job while I was away. I feel very confident that they are prepared to guide Faith Baptist Church in my absence.
Continue to pray for spiritual growth especially in the men of the church and for laborers. We know that our goal is to leave behind a Mongolian church completely self-sustaining and led by Mongolian men. Our furlough will be an opportunity for these men to stretch their wings, so to speak, and reach new heights in service and struggles.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment