That is why the recent opportunity to study the Bible with Bilgee, Baska, and Jagaa is so exciting. I have known Bilgee almost since I arrived in Mongolia, and I met the other two young men years ago. However, it has only been recently that God has brought the other two young men back across my path. When I suggested that we study the Bible together, they were excited and agreed." --
I remember writing these words in my June prayer letter. I had such high hopes for these three men. And then ... nothing. Baska disappeared, Jagaa started to attend another church and despite the fact that he had no job he had no time to meet for a Bible study, and Bilgee claimed that he was too busy to have a Bible study. I was disappointed.
Then Baska came back somewhat repentant. He did not say where he had gone or what he had been doing. He did say that he was sorry that he had been away. During the time that he was away he
Whatever the case, he has been very faithful the last few weeks. Even though he cannot come on Sunday mornings because of work, he has been coming to the English service on Sunday night. (Since he does not understand English, he has trouble being edified through the English service. Please pray that either he job would give him time to attend on Sunday mornings or that he could find another job that would give him free time on Sunday.)
He has also been meeting with me once a week for a Bible study. He invited Bilgee to join us, but Bilgee declined stating that he was very busy. We met today. He admitted that in the past his Christian life has not been very stable and said that has to change. I was thrilled when he asked if we could meet twice a week to study the Bible together.
Baska asked me to pray that he would be more faithful in his Bible reading and growth in grace. He can be a very serious-minded, zealous man. Please pray with me for Baska to be spiritual stable and to grow in grace.
"And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men who shall be able to teach others also."


No comments:
Post a Comment