Aya has been going through a course of ten radiation treatments for her cancer: one each day. It is an outpatient treatment. On Friday she went in for another treatment, but after the doctors checked a test that she had given, they decided that it was not wise to continue the radiation treatment at this time. From talking to Ulzee it is not clear what the hindrance is.
Ulzee is very concerned about her mother. She says that someone needs to be close to her at night when she is sleeping. Maybe I misunderstand her Mongolian, but I think she is concerned that Aya will slip away in her sleep. She talks about her breathing stopping.
Aya has not been eating well either. The radiation treatments make her vomit up whatever she has eaten, and even before the treatments she did not have much appetite.
She is also in between chemotherapy treatments. The chemotherapy doctor saw her this past week and said that he would need to wait until after her radiation treatments were over to decide when to treat her again with chemotherapy.
I am truly grateful to all of you who have been praying for Aya, Ulzee, and Ganpurev. Ulzee asks me yesterday to pray every day for them. I will continue to post updates as I know more.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment