Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sunday update

Thank you all for praying for us. Usually in the summer our numbers are down. For example, two years ago on returning from furlough in August 2006, we had 3 adults who were attending regularly. Then last summer, we left for two months so that I could speak at Westgate Baptist Church Family Camp and to attend the church's 25th anniversary. When we returned we were told that attendance during the summer had been down. It happens here in Mongolia: people go to the countryside for vacation, people are busier with outdoors work, people just do not want to spend their warm summer days in a church service.

Because of this history of summers without many in attendance, I rejoice to report that this summer people have continued to come. Some of our regular attenders have been away, but visitors and returning visitors have made up the difference. Visitors in the summers - that is a true encouragement.

Several weeks ago I began to pray specifically that God would send people to me to whom He wanted me to minister. God has answered that prayer in several ways. Here is one example.

About a month ago, Dawaajab come just as everyone was leaving and asked at what time our church met. I told him things had just ended but that we met every Sunday at 11. He said that he would be back and disappeared.

A few Sundays passed ad Dawaajab did not return. Suddenly, two Sundays ago Dawaajab walked in a few minutes after we started. After the service, he said that he wanted to meet with me though he would not say what about. Although I was headed to the countryside and was unable to commit to a meeting immediately, we exchanged phone numbers and agreed that we would stay in touch.

He called me on Friday night as I was re-entering the city and asked if we could meet the next day. So we met on Saturday for more than an hour, and I explained the Gospel while he asked many questions - some relevant, some not so relevant. He attended the church service again on Sunday and met with me again on Tuesday morning.

I think he is mentally understanding the Gospel. Please pray for the conviction of the Holy Spirit because we know that God is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.