Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sunday update

Summer is a difficult time to minister in Mongolia. It seems that many people are either unusually busy with their work or out in the countryside. So I had been praying all week that God would expand my ministry rather than see it decline all summer.

God answered my prayers by sending us three visitors - all young men - on Sunday. My sermon was evangelistic because it was about Jesus' death on the cross for us. After the sermon, one of the young men had many questions. He said that he was without a religion but was studying various religions. He asked for a Bible, and I gave him one marking the Gospel of John and telling him to read from there. We exchanged phone numbers and agreed to meet after I returned from the countryside. His name is Dawaajab - but he is not the same Dawaajab because she heard the singing. (Often there is little distinction between what is a male name and a female name in Mongolia).

So I was excited to have so many to whom to minister through the summer. Besides praying for the salvation of visitors, please also pray for Bayambaa who is having some difficulties with her unsaved husband and for Saikhnaa who has a serious physical need.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.