Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday update

This past Sunday, Dashgaa, Ganaa, Uchgaa, and Buren who had been attending fairly regularly were all absent from the services, yet we still had a dozen Mongolian adults along with some children. The Billy Patterson family, newly arrived in Mongolia - also joined us for the service today. That was a great blessing to Gustavo (who speaks Spanish but little English or Mongolian) since Billy and his wife also speak Spanish. We also had a first time visitor who was saved in Hatgal and came to Ulan Bator recently. Also, Basca was back. He came a few times a year or so ago and then went to another church where the missionary promised to make him a preacher. I guess things did not work out over there. I am glad to see him back.

Ganpurev preached from Psalm 42 & 43. I can definitely see continued improvement. My sermon was "Walking in Christ" from Colossians 2:6-7. I thought the sermon went well and was well-received.

I proposed to Basca, Bilgee, and Jagaa who are all single young men that we meet together weekly to study the Bible and pray. I think it would be good for these three young men to have some accountability and doctrinal teaching. They have all expressed their desire to be followers of Jesus and could grow to be stalwarts of Faith Baptist Church. We agreed to meet this Wednesday to begin. Pray that God would bless my efforts to disciple them.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.