Let me begin by saying that I appreciate your prayers so much.
I returned to the immigration office today by myself based on the recommendation of Dashgaa who often deals with the immigration office on behalf of his school's students and the recommendation of Davaajav, my lawyer. Davaajav said, "Go in and ask them, 'What do I need to do? Can I talk to the boss?'"
I arrived just before 11 and stood in line for about half an hour. I prayed, rehearsed what I would say in Mongolian, meditated on Scripture. When I reached the counter, the immigration official recognized me immediately, got out my paperwork, and asked, "Do you speak Mongolian?"
"Yes," I responded.
He then said, "Go to the bank and pay 15,000 togrogs [about $14] per person." That amount is the standard fee to renew one's residency permission.
I went and paid the money, gave him the receipt, and he sent me on my way with a claim check to claim my passports with the new residency permission stamped in them next Tuesday.
Frankly, I cannot explain why they did not just do that yesterday. I could have paid my fees and picked up a claim check yesterday. Perhaps they just wanted to show some bureaucratic muscle.
But the end result is that there is no trouble with my residency permission. Let me say again how grateful I am for your prayers!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment