Wednesday, November 07, 2007

a James Fraser quote on prayer

James Fraser is a missionary whom I encourage everyone to read about. A good student with prospects as an engineer, Fraser left England to work in China and eventually ended up with tribal people in the mountains of south China. People whom I know personally have had the opportunity to visit these tribal people and witness their continued Christian testimony. Like Adoniram Judson in Burma, Fraser left behind a lasting ministry with results that continue to this present day. Even though he ministered before international telephone service and instant e-mail, James Fraser believed that keeping people in England informed was a worthwhile use of his time. He would write detailed letters to his supporters that might take months to arrive but that assured him that they would be praying intelligently for him and specifically for the requests that he would mention.

He once said referring to I Corinthians 3:6-7, "Paul may plant and Apollos water, but it is God who gives the increase, and this increase can be brought down from heaven by believing prayer, whether offered in China or in England" (emphasis mine). I too believe that people who live in North America and pray for us have a direct impact on our ministry here in Mongolia. That is why I take time to update the blog and why I include the names and pictures of individuals. We need your prayers!

In the coming weeks I hope to post a few more of James Fraser's quotes and thoughts on prayer. I know that many of you pray diligently for us and for those to whom we minister. May God bless you for your faithfulness in prayer.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.