Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Prayer update

This week I would ask for your prayers for some of our Mongolian friends. Ganpurev and Ulzee are doing well enough, but their son Bilgoon (the one with the eye trouble) and Ulzee's mother Aya are both suffering this week. Last week something like a boil developed on the back of Bilgoon's head. When the boil-like bubble was lanced, pus and blood came out. His parents expected him to make a swift recovery; unfortunately, pus and blood continue to drain from the lanced boil nearly a week later. The school nurse looked at it and sent him home. Currently, Bilgoon is taking antibiotics and resting at home.

Aya is probably in her 70's although I have never asked. (I am one of those who firmly believes one should never ask a woman's age or weight). One of her knees has developed a problem that is painful and makes it impossible for her to walk without assistance. She has been to see the doctor, and they have ordered some tests. However, I do not hold out much hope that Aya will have the treatment she needs in Mongolia's national health care system.

Most of all, Aya needs to recognize that Jesus Christ is her Savior. Virginia Powell has been praying for her salvation for some time. Would you please take any opportunity you have this week to pray for her salvation? I dearly enjoy seeing Aya make a public profession of faith in Christ before it is too late.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.