I must share this story with you! You remember how Enkhee was saved in the month before we returned to the States. I had a few Bible studies devoted towards discipleship before I left but felt I had left Enkhee when he was still a newborn. For a while James followed up with him, but Enkhee needs a lot of attention. After James left, Enkhee was left to himself.
There are several obstacles to overcome: he lives on the other side of town, he also works seven days a week, and he is generally not very talkative. So when one drives thirty minutes to visit it often seems that he is uninterested. But I've been assured by people who know him personally that this is not the case, that indeed he is interested.
Well, Sunday Ganpurev and I went to see him. When we arrived at his ger about 7:30, he still had not arrived from work. But we only had to wait twenty or thirty minutes for him to arrive. We ate dinner with the family and then Enkhee suggested that we study the Bible. So we opened up a discipleship book that I had given to him and looked at confession and repentance. But much of the time was spent listening to Enkhee tell us about how God had been protecting him at work.
He said once that he left work with two other co-workers. The two co-workers soon returned to work and stole some tools. When he found out, Enkhee was concerned that he would be blamed too and prayed that God would reveal the truth. Well, providentially, there was another man on the job-site who saw the two men come back and take the tools and noted that Enkhee was not with them. This incident also increased Enkhee's boss's trust in him.
It is just so exciting to hear stories like this come from young Christians! It shows how God is building their faith and teaching them to rely on Him. I was so excited when I heard these stories. I emphasized to Enkhee that we must grow every day. We also set up another Bible study on Saturday night. Enkhee has said that he would make time to be there.
Also, pray about the New Year's celebrations. Most Mongolians will spend New Year's Eve drinking. Liquor will be abundant at every celebration. To help our young Christians avoid temptation, we have arranged a New Year's Eve/Christmas Party at our house on Sunday evening, December 31. Please pray that many would come. The Gospel also will be given clearly at this party so please pray for Mongolians to be saved.


No comments:
Post a Comment