We had a good turnout at the meeting this past Sunday morning. In fact, we had the best turnout of adults since we returned, nine Mongolian adults came. That may not seem like a lot, but to me that's a crowd. Buren was there for the first time since I returned from the States. Although I've visited him, he had not been to our meetings on Sunday before this one.
In another first, we actually had a Mongolian preach on Sunday. Ganpurev was our first speaker. I know it won't be the last time. When I first asked Ganpurev to prepare, he seemed hesitant. I've spend some time the last several weeks helping him to prepare. He did a respectable job. Of course, it was his first time and he left many things unsaid that I would have said; but he didn't say anything wrong. And of course, he spoke Mongolian much better than I did. I enjoyed listening to him. He spoke about trials and temptations from James 1. I'm encouraged and hope that Ganpurev is encouraged. Keep praying for him.
Ganpurev's wife Ulzee passed out on the way home Sunday afternoon. So he had an immediate opportunity to practice what he preached about trials. As amazing as it sounds, I don't think Ulzee's problem is serious. She went to see a doctor today, I understand. If it's anything serious, I'll post about it soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment