Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weekly update

The dog days of summer they call them. That time of the year when it is hot outside and not much gets done. Many Mongolians are gone from the city, resting in the countryside, drinking fermented mare’s milk, and eating yogurt. But I am happy to say that God is never on vacation. He is always at work, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly working His will to its ultimate completion.

I have not sent an update on Bob in some time because there has not been much to say. I met with Bob after my return from furlough. He made it clear to me that he no longer sees himself as a Christian or believes the Bible to be true. So for some time, I have not reached out to Bob.

I heard last week, however, that Bob had damaged his ankle in a soccer game. Thinking that his recent injury might be an opportunity to talk about the Lord, I went to his house to visit. We had a pleasant visit. He needed a ride to meet some people on business but unable to drive because of his injured ankle, he asked me if I would drive him around. I agreed to drive him around.

If you were hoping as I was that his ankle injury would cause Bob to think again about his relationship to his Creator, you will be disappointed to learn that it has not. Bob and his family did come to the church service on Sunday for which I am grateful. However, they came because Bob needed some money to enroll his son in school. He wanted to ask me for that money. We will see if he comes again this Sunday.

We will be having a fellowship after the service eating the standard Mongolian cooked meat: хорхог. In the summer, Mongolians like to cook хорхог in the countryside similar to the way Americans like to eat food grilled outside in the hot months. The church is working to invite people out for this Sunday. Please pray that we have a good crowd and that many people will join us.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.