Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Deans' weekly update

I listened to a sermon last month that encouraged me to thank God for the pressures of life that conform me to the image of His Son. Rather than become discouraged or cynical, I have been attempting to thank God for the many pressures. Please do not misunderstand as I share these pressures with you and do not feel pity for us. We are in the middle of God's will, doing what He has asked of us, and amazed that He uses us. But we do need your prayers.

This past Friday morning facing a multitude of difficulties, I reached out to some dear friends for help and wrote, "the pressure is too great for me today." But it was not a cry of despair but rather an admission of weakness. Because God is teaching me that in my weakness and inadequacy, being yielded to His Holy Spirit brings strength.

It seemed to me that I lacked the time and energy to meet the demands placed on me for Friday. But as I did each task and focused on what was next, God opened up a way. This past weekend, I accomplished all that God gave me to do. All the glory goes to Him because I did not think that it was possible. So first, thank God with me for His goodness, mercy, and grace on this past weekend.

A few prayer requests: Aya's body continues to weaken at the same time that her daughter Ulzee comes closer and closer to delivering her baby. The fleshly response of fear would tell me that Ulzee's baby and her mother's passing would occur at the worst possible time. But I have no fear. All circumstances are in God's hand. He controls them and will only allow those that we are able to bear by His grace and those pressures that will conform us to the image of His Son. God is good all the time.

Kristie has still not completely recovered from her recent illness. Please pray for her to have strength and energy. My allergies have become an impetus for more prayer and Bible reading. That is a good result. Charissa's pain turned out to be an abscessed tooth. That has been treated. However, the dentist is now recommending that we have her wisdom teeth removed soon. Please pray for wisdom as we seek the right oral surgeon in Mongolia to perform this task.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.