Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Deans' weekly update

I trust that all of you reading this update had a great Mother's Day. I was particularly blessed of the Lord this year to have my mother with me in Mongolia. This was also the second year in a row that I was with my mother on Mother’s Day because last year I was with her in Oregon.

Although Mongolians do not celebrate Mother's Day, my family and the English service commemorated the holiday on Sunday. I even learned a new word from the holiday: I learned the word for "corsage."

I think we broke our record for attendance on Sunday night. We had 73 people from Cuba, South Africa, Germany, Britain, the United States, and Mongolia there. Afterwards we had a fellowship.

Bill Patterson has been preaching on the Bible: its revelation, preservation, and translation in the morning service. Our desire is that the Mongolian people would develop a reverence and love for God's word. Brother Patterson's preaching is a part of that effort.

I challenged the Mongolians to read through the New Testament this year. Next year I plan to challenge them to read through the entire Bible. I think many of them are struggling to set aside the time to read a chapter or two each day from the New Testament. Please pray for their growth in grace.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.