I am using this weekly update for a slightly different purpose. I want to ask you to pray this week for one of my supporting churches' pastors. Jim Oesterwind has been the assistant pastor at Heritage Baptist Church in Antioch, California for a long time. The church is currently making a transition where Pastor Oesterwind is becoming the senior pastor to replace (I am making it sound like a window pane) Dr. John Mincy who is retiring.
The Sunday that I was with Heritage Baptist Church Pastor Oesterwind had been quite sick for a week and was unable to be at the service with us. Later that week he was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. Doctors have been doing tests and biopsies in order to diagnose what kind of lymphoma and what stage cancer he has.
So please pray this week for Pastor Oesterwind. He has a wife and five young children. The oldest is about Caleb's age or about eight years old.


No comments:
Post a Comment