Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weekly update

"In every thing give thanks." There are several nasty illnesses making the rounds in Mongolia including the normal flu, swine flu, and an unpleasant cold. Kristie caught her cold last Friday. I woke up on Saturday with a severe headache that heralded some illness. However, because I was unable to be sick on Saturday I took a Motrin and went to the church's activity. I felt good the rest of the day. During the activity, I fell into an icy stream along with Caleb. Caleb said smiling that I tried to drown him. The icy creek pictured to the right is the one we fell in.

I was unable to be sick on Sunday because we had a church business meeting and observed the Lord's Supper. I also had to fill in for Bill Patterson on Sunday night because he was sick with the flu.

On Monday I was busy trying to finish up some projects at the construction site.

So Tuesday was the first day that I could be sick; and sick I was. My head hurt and my whole body ached. But I was able to use the day in bed to read. I was very blessed by the opportunity to continue to read The Disciplines of a Godly Man. Caleb and Elsie seem to have caught this flu now too.

Pray that we will be healthy. It seems to me that I do not have time to be sick; however, God knows best.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.