Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday update

Let's be frank: not every Sunday is spectacular. Today had its share of foibles. First, I have been struggling with allergies. Today, my eyes seemed to be having trouble focusing on the page in front of me. Because the print in our Mongolian hymn books is rather small, I was having trouble reading the print. More than once, I sang the wrong words when I was trying to read the songs.

But I was not the only one; Ganpurev was reading a verse, accidentally turned an extra page, and kept reading as if he were on the right page. The verse became rather silly when he did that. He paused, looked back at the previous page where he had been reading and realized what he had done. "Let's start reading again from the beginning," he said and was re-read the verse, correctly that time.

But we also had a new thing happen. Togsoo came early and asked if he could lead the congregation in singing one of the songs. I was stunned. I had never had someone approach me and ask if they could lead the congregational singing, even for one song. I happily said yes, and it turned out rather well. Perhaps Togsoo will lead congregational singing while I am gone on furlough.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.