Wednesday, September 09, 2009

From the steppes of Central Asia

I guess I should no longer be surprised at the depth of man's depravity or the abundance of God's provision. But I still am! Though I cannot share with you the details of the most recent example of man's depravity, I can share with you the abundance of God's provision.

As I was pouring over the details from August's financial statement, I discovered that someone from a town in Canada that I have never visited sent us $2,850 (Canadian). I looked at the name and could not recall ever meeting someone with that name even though the name was a memorable one. I had not solicited anyone for funds. God just sent it in. I have determined to use the money in the building project.

The building project continues to be blessed with protection from injury and good speed. I believe that by the end of this week they will be prepared to lay the pre-formed slabs on the second floor. After that it will be a matter of finish work in order to seal the building against the coming winter. To completely finish the building this year is beyond my current financial resources. However, I believe that God in His time will provide the money that will be needed for interior walls, floor coverings, a permanent heating system, plumbing, and electrical.

Pray that God would give each Christian involved in Faith Baptist Church a hatred of sin and a hunger & thirst after righteousness.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.