When statesmen have had their last parley,
And despots have made their last threat;
When prophets are dumb with misgiving,
And forces of conflict are set;
When factions misleading and treacherous
Bring chaos where order prevailed;
When freedom long-cherished is vanquished,
And leaders long trusted have failed,
When God and His Word are derided,
And men call it useless to pray;
Remember that God is still sovereign,
And HE has the last word to say.
In a time when many who are not Christians are wondering what in the world is happening- swine flu in Mexico, an insane dictator in North Korea determined to play with nuclear weapons, the resurgence of an aggressive Russia, and uncertainty in world markets - it is a peace and comfort to know that God has never abdicated His throne. The Creator of the universe is still in control, and there is no lack of power with Him.
While I cannot answer why He allows evil to grow bolder, I do not worry about the future because I know an omnipotent, all-wise God is watching over us all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment