Welcome to 2009! We have had a quick start to the year. That is, usually this time of year is a little slower. Many people are in school, it is so cold outside that people like to stay inside, and people are busy preparing for the lunar new year celebrations.
However, this year is different. Bill Patterson who has been leading the English language church service is away from Mongolia organizing or attending multiple conferences in Mexico and Argentina. That means that I have been taking the primary responsibility for that ministry.
Then last week, Ganpurev had an emergency appendectomy. He has been such a blessing visiting people, training people, and helping with various aspects of the ministry here. I did not realize how much I would miss him until now when he is convalescing. He still tries to help for which I am grateful. But he will have limited usefulness for the next several weeks.
Besides visiting Ganpurev, Kristie and I have also visited Byambaa several times in the hospital in the last week. She had most of her thyroid taken out. I do not understand all the reasons but know that the Mongolian doctors insisted that she had to have her thyroid removed. Her husband Mandaa still needs to be saved. I have been praying that God would use his wife's illness to lead him to our Savior. However, when I mentioned believing in Jesus to him again, he was rather amused, not at all the the response I would have liked.
Thank you for your prayers. Pray for me to have wisdom to prioritize my time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment