We are working down to the last month before we leave. The current project is sorting everything that is in our apartment. It's like moving only more intensive. When a person moves normally, everything is boxed up and put into a truck. When we move, we are restricted to a certain amount of stuff. So everything must be organized into the following categories:
- what goes to Mongolia, all of which must fit into 12 suitcases weighing less than 70 lbs. each
- what stays here in the U.S. to be brought to Mongolia later
- what needs to be given back to someone who loaned it to us for the year
- what needs to be given away
- what needs to be thrown away
Last Sunday night, I spoke at a church in Salem, Oregon. Before I even began to speak, the church voted to support us financially. That is the first (and probably) last time that will ever happen. It was another reminder of God's care and provision.
This Wednesday, I spoke at an assisted care facility. The people of that facility who meet for a Bible study have been so faithful to pray for me. As I took some questions, it became apparent how much they have been praying for me! Again, another reminder of God's provision.
Grateful for your prayers,
Scott Dean


No comments:
Post a Comment