Tuesday, August 14, 2012

some more prayer requests

I talked to Ganpurev on the phone yesterday and wanted to update you all on how they are doing.

The Sunday service was well-attended. It's their first Sunday without me in several years. I think that the church will do just fine. However, we need to continue to pray for their growth and that they would reach out to others. Ganchimeg mentioned at prayer meeting last week that they hope to reach out to their neighbors in the area immediately surrounding the church. We have had activities to reach out to the community previously, but such outreaches were initiated by me. So it is particularly encouraging to me to hear that the Mongolians comprehend their responsibility to preach the Gospel to their neighbors. I am convinced that they will do a better job than I did of presenting our Savior to their fellow Mongolians.

In family news, Ganpurev said that Ulzee is out of the hospital and doing better. But Aya has been doing poorly. She has been on morphine for some months now. The news Ganpurev had for me was that Aya is in a good deal of pain even though she is taking powerful painkillers. There are several other indications that Aya's health is deteriorating. So pray for Ganpurev and his family as they care for Aya.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.