January has already been a busy month. Tonga passed away on the 4th without having made a clear profession of faith in Jesus Christ. Although her eternal destiny is sealed, her death motivates me to do all I can to get out the good news that Jesus saves. Kristie and I both told Tonga the good news of a Savior and only regret that she obstinately refused to consider the claims of Christ.
On January 2, Battulga (pronounced Bat´·toll·luck) and Burnee (pronounced Bur·nay´) made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ. This couple has two little girls aged four and two. Because we want to see entire families united in faith, this husband and wife’s salvation is a joy to us all. Already we have begun discipleship lessons with them. So even in sorrow God has given us joy.
Tomorrow we will move into our new facilities. It will be a blessing to have expanded facilities. With the extra opportunities come added responsibilities, which the Mongolians will need to assume. I believe that God has been preparing them for this. Now pray that, as the Macedonians of old, their great trial of affliction and deep poverty will be the opening that God uses to show His joy and provision when we allow His Spirit to work through us.
These events are all the accumulation of many months and years of work. We are so thankful to God that He has called us to serve in Mongolia, and we look forward to many more years of service. Please pray for our residency permission renewal which must be completed by the first week of February. Although I do not anticipate any difficulties, since all our paperwork is in order, I know others who have left Mongolia recently because of difficulties maintaining their residency permission. I never forget that I am a foreigner in Mongolia by permission of the government - permission that could be withdrawn. Your prayers are appreciated.


No comments:
Post a Comment