Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Deans' weekly update

A warm welcome to all of you reading this:

I say a warm welcome because we've hit our first cold snap this year. Since we spent last winter in the United States, this is our first really cold weather in two years. How cold you ask? It was -38 this morning when I woke up. That is a little colder than I like. Of course, our apartment is warm enough, for which we thank the Lord.

What are you thankful for this week? The sermon on Sunday was about "Thankfulness." It is easy for all of us to become so focused on ourselves and begin to only see the things we "need" and ignore all the blessings that God has given us. I don't suppose that Mongolians are any more liable to this than Americans. Still, I see much of this among Mongolians: a constant focus on what they do not have rather than a grateful response to what God has given them.

Ask God this week to give all of us a spirit of gratitude and a willingness to serve.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.