Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The cold weather is upon us

Every year this happens: the weather starts to turn cold, and I think to myself—I can handle this cold weather. And then the weather turns really cold. The first, I can handle this kind of cold weather has finally arrived. We have awoken the past two mornings to temperatures below zero. That is -17〫for those of you used to Celsius.

The weather is predicted to warm up into the low forties some this week before dropping into the twenties for a high by the weekend.

Still, as I mentioned before this is the I can handle it type of cold. In a month or so—after we leave—temperatures will plunge into below zero for a high and -30 or even -40 for a low. At -40 it does not matter whether you are using Fahrenheit or Celsius. It is the same temperature. And that's cold!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.