Thank you for praying. We are truly grateful to know that people pray for us; it is a continual source of encouragement to us!
My parents arrived from the United States and were with us for both the morning service in Mongolian and the evening service in English. Here are several of their observations.
1. Mongolians are wonderfully friendly people. We have far more invitations to visit people's homes than we can visit.
2. Mongolians usually come late to church. We had six adults when we started and sixteen by the time we finished.
3. Mongolian drivers are crazy.
4. Mongolian pedestrians are even crazier. We've seen three people almost hit by cars in the last few days. I guess because I'm here all the time, I don't notice it anymore.
As as example of the things that surprise my parents, just Sunday night walking to church, we saw a bicyclist prepare to shoot out into the road. At the last second, the bicyclist and the car on the collision course with him hit their brakes ... hard. They came to a stop about a foot or two from each other.
Then coming home from our church building my father said to me, "Is that car really going to try to fit between those two [parked] cars?" Sure enough, the Mongolian driver had a couple of inches on each side and pulled out nonchalantly. I did not have the heart to tell my father that I drive that way too.
It has been great having my parents with us. This week my father and I and two of the children are headed to the Mongolian countryside to do some fishing. It should be a great time unless the car breaks down which is what happened the last time that we went fishing.
It is good to know that God is in control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment