It's beginning to seem more like Christmas around here. That is, if you see Christmas as a big commercial push. Yes, there are holiday decorations here in Mongolia. This year for the first time the government put a large Christmas tree in the main square downtown. I understand it cost the government tens of thousands of dollars to bring in the tree and trim it. Unfortunately, the stores, shops, government, and most Mongolians just see this time of year as a gift-giving time.
I had the opportunity to preach that Jesus' birth is the reason that we celebrate at this time of year and that He is the one who makes it possible to find forgiveness. Ankhaa and his wife visited on Sunday for the first time.
In the evening, we joined with another church across town for a time of singing, preaching, and fellowship. It was exciting to be with the Mongolians singing in praise to our Savior! I taught a short lesson on Old Testament prophecy fulfilled in Jesus Christ, and then after some more singing Jason Muller preached on our response to God's gift.
After the preaching we had a time of fellowship. I believe it was encouraging to the Mongolians and know that I was encouraged to meet other believers.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment